Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System Review
The Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System isn’t your standard usual exfoliating device. With thousands of skin care products launched every day, promising luminous, firmer, younger-looking skin, it’s a lot confusing which will work and which won’t. This cleansing system, however, as compared to other similar skin care lines’ systems I’ve tested in the past, seemed to be better.
Why? Because it leaves a lesser amount of exfoliate material on your face after use. And the best part, its disposable rejuvenating puffs are less abrasive, giving your skin an excellent exfoliate without being too hard on them.
What Is Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System?
Neutrogena Microdermabrasion system is an easy-to-use at-home facial smoother for removing fine lines, scars, uneven skin tone, dead skin cells, and it enhances the skin tone instantly, making you younger. The cleansing brush removes dark spots, dead cells to reveal fresh, younger-looking skin, reduces the appearance of pores, dark circles and improves the overall texture with its anti-aging properties.
This microdermabrasion applicator is a complete at-home microdermabrasion facial device that is designed to provide the short-term benefit of glowing skin after first use and reveal healthier-looking skin over time. The single-use rejuvenating puffs containing the ultra-fine crystals offers a good degree of gentle scrubbing and exfoliation.
If you are new to microdermabrasion treatment and is looking for a convenient at-home kit to start with, I recommend you the Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System as one of the product you could seriously consider putting in your shopping cart.
According to a recent dermatologist recommendation study of people who used this system, 91% of users experienced smoother skin instantly after first use, whereas 88% of the users said they can see visible results in the lessening of thin lines within 1 week of usage and reduced appearance of wrinkles after 4 weeks.
This product is suitable for all skin types, from oily to dry, men to women. This exfoliating machine scrubs away the outer layer of the skin , stimulating blood flow, surface cell turnover and making lotions or moisturizers applied after the use of this system more effective. It is ideal for those who experience the following symptoms:
- Rough texture
- Dry skin
- Large pores
- Scars left by acne
- Age spots
The ingredients found inside the exfoliating puffs contains the following benefits:
- Glycerin – An excellent active ingredient that acts as a solubilizer
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine – A mild surfactant that is low in pH level, and creates dense foam for gentle cleansing
- Decyl Glucoside – A natural (plant-based) and mild non-
ionic surfactant that adds smoothness and stability to the foam for an effective yet gentle cleansing
- Alumina – Also known as aluminum oxide, is an excellent and natural inert mineral that is used as a thickening agent and absorbent in cosmetic products to reduce oil buildups found on the skin layer
- Citric Acid – A weak organic acid that is often used to treat uneven skin tone, clogged pores, acne-prone skin, sun damage, and wrinkles
Other ingredients also include Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-8, Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, and Fragrance.
How Do You Use This System?
Before you start to use the Neutrogena Microdermabrasion system, it is important to know what is provided inside the box first:
- Microdermabrasion applicator
- One-month supply of rejuvenating puffs (12 pieces, pre-dosed with ultra-fine crystals and mild purifiers for exfoliation)
- Attachment head
- AA Batteries (2 pieces)
Next, you can follow the instructions below on how you can use this system:
- With the blue side facing up, attach the rejuvenating puff to the attachment head – gently press the puff with your thumb to ensure it’s securely attached.
- With just a few drops over the surface, wet the puff with water – do not soak.
- Snap the attachment head onto the Neutrogena applicator and switch it on.
- Select the desired speed and start massaging your face with the system applicator. Gently massage for 1-2 minutes per facial area for best results and avoid your eye area.
- Rinse your face with warm water, clean the attachment head under running water, and dispose the used rejuvenating puff. As this product comes with puff refills, you may throw away the puffs after each use. If you need to replenish them, you can always buy more microdermabrasion rejuvenating puff refills after that.
Regardless of your skin tone and type and what it says on the cover, I recommend that you use it for a moderated cycle of one minute. As this product contains some other chemical exfoliating agents that may strip your skin of its natural oils and lipids, we do not recommend that you exceed the suggested time usage of 1 minute per each surface area. Thus, it is also essential to apply sufficient moisturizer after using this product to revitalize its skin moisture.
How Often To Use The Microdermabrasion System By Neutrogena?
According to the manufacturers, you should use the microdermabrasion system by Neutrogena three times per week for better results. However, if your skin feels sensitive, I suggest that you only apply the cleansing scrub 1-2 times per week.
Give your skin time to relax. Three times a week doesn’t mean you should use the Neutrogena exfoliator for three consecutive days. Cleansing and exfoliating should be done every alternate day in a week, say – Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.
This also means that if you are using any other exfoliating products, stop it first. Your skin won’t be able to tolerate too much exfoliation, and skin irritation may occur if you’re not careful enough.
After you are done, wash your face with warm water and apply some moisturizer. You may experience some irritation for a moment, but it is part of the process. The best part about this system is that you will start seeing positive results after the first use itself.
Pro Tip- do not use this on broken skin or over the acne. If you experience any irritation that persists after usage, you might be scrubbing forcefully.
Our Personal Review on Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System
The beauty of microdermabrasion is that the side effects are low compared to other exfoliation procedures and skin treatments. The results are almost immediate. I recommend that you use this before a big event or date, and you will look glowing and fantastic immediately after.
- Effectiveness of the treatment can be seen within a week of using the Neutrogena microdermabrasion system
- Improvement of skin texture such as smoothness and reduced appearance of wrinkles
- Micro vibrators of the device stimulate the growth of new skin cells and skin firmness
- Can be used on most skin types (such as oily skin, dry skin, and normal skin)
- Must be careful not to add pressure when using this massaging system as the blue attachment head (puff) can cause skin abrasion
- This microdermabrasion kit uses AA batteries, which means over time, you will need to replace them every time they are drained out
Where To Buy Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System?
You can buy Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System from amazon and get a great discount.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will Neutrogena microdermabrasion system reduce the appearance of acne scars?
It depends. Although Neutrogena microdermabrasion system may reduce the appearance of acne scars, it is not advisable to use them for such skin type as it may be very harsh on the skin. Thus, worsening the condition.
Can I use Neutrogena microdermabrasion system for stretch marks on stomach?
Yes, you can use Neutrogena microdermabrasion system for stretch marks on stomach. However, for them to completely fade, it is advisable to consult with the dermatologist.
Can Neutrogena microdermabrasion system be used with other natural face products?
Yes, Neutrogena microdermabrasion system can be used with other natural face products.
Is it okay to use Neutrogena microdermabrasion system if I’m doing laser hair removal?
No, it is not advisable to use Neutrogena microdermabrasion system if you’re doing laser hair removal as your skin may be too sensitive after the treatment.
Is Neutrogena microdermabrasion system waterproof?
Yes, Neutrogena microdermabrasion system is waterproof.
Is Neutrogena microdermabrasion system good for dry skin type?
Yes, Neutrogena microdermabrasion system is good for dry skin type. However, it is not advisable to use the product if you have sensitive skin. If you’re curious and still want to try them, please check with your dermatologist on their advise after they assess your skin condition.
We hope you enjoyed reading this Neutrogena review. If it’s your first time to such facial care routine, Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System is a good starter kit to begin with among the other skincare brand. Although it’s not as effective as professionally done treatment, the bottom line is that with regular use as advised of this product will give you the desired results.
It just falls under the budget and one of the most convenient microdermabrasion machines to have if you’re lazy to head out and visit the dermatologist on a regular basis. You may find its handle too small for a perfect hold, and if you have sensitive skin, do not put pressure while scrubbing. Overall, this system is designed to get luminous skin and it is great to have for your skincare. Personal care is very important, don’t wait till it is too late!
System Starter Kit