Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion & Peel System Review
Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive and non-surgical procedure that is designed to renew your overall skin tone and texture. This Olay Regenerist microdermabrasion kit is a two-step treatment that uses derma-crystals to exfoliates and brightens your overall complexion. It is a painless procedure that resurfaces complexion and allows you to get a clear and healthy-looking face.
There are many forms of microdermabrasion that remove fine lines and wrinkles, age spots, hyperpigmentation, brown spots, blackheads, and enlarged pores. And the Olay Regenerist microdermabrasion kit is just one of them.
Microdermabrasion is an effective procedure but can be quite costly according to the information from reviews of the products. You might not always have the time to visit the salon to get microdermabrasion done. Luckily, we are provided with a wide range of best at-home microdermabrasion products and skincare products that have earned rave reviews online.
- What Is Olay Regenerist Peel System?
- How Do You Use This System?
- How Often To Use Microdermabrasion & Peel System by Olay Regenerist?
- Our Personal Review on Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion System
- Where Can You Buy Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion Peel System?
- Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Olay Regenerist Peel System?
Olay Regenerist Peel System is a microdermabrasion kit that is gentle enough to use and treat your skin concerns and has a two-step process that may help in improving the overall smooth texture.
It also stimulates renewal to enhance your complexion tone and could be a great resurgence to your weekly facial regime.
This unique duo system microdermabrasion treatment exfoliates dead cells with derma-crystals while activating new cell generation. Since this is product is a combination of two-step treatment, I’ll break the ingredients down as follow:
Step 1 (Derma-Crystals for Microdermabrasion Treatment) – Sodium Bicarbonate, Polysorbate 20, PEG-8, Silica Silylate, Niacinamide, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Yellow 5, Red 40, and Fragrance.
Step 2 (Peel Activator Serum for Cell Regeneration) – Sodium Lactate, Sodium Hydroxide, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Lactic Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Butylene Glycol, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, and Water.
Here is what you need to know about some ingredients and its beneficial reason:
- Sodium Bicarbonate: A type of alkaline substance used to neutralize acidity in the pH level. It has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that are often used to treat acne. However, it may not be suitable for all skin types.
- Polysorbate 20: An emulsifying agent that allows the mixture of water and oil to combine.
- Silica Silylate: A type of emollient that provides thickening and moisturizing properties.
- Niacinamide: A water-soluble vitamin (B3) that tightens enlarged pore, lightens hyperpigmentation, smoothens facial texture, brightens the overall complexion and aids in repairing the skin’s barrier.
- Ascorbic Acid: A water-soluble vitamin (C) used for cell regeneration and prevents infections.
- Tocopheryl Acetate: A form of vitamin E that provides antioxidant properties.
- Sodium Lactate: A buffering and bacteriostatic agent used to prevent the reproduction of bacteria and balances the pH level. It also acts as a humectant moisturizer that aids in retaining moisture.
- Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate: A water-based preservative agent that prevents the production of bacteria growth. Thus, allowing for a longer shelf life. However, the inclusion of it may not be suitable for all skin types.
- Lactic Acid: A milder type of alpha hydroxy acid that is used as an exfoliant to lighten hyperpigmentation and smoothen skin texture. Lactic acid also contains hydrating components to keep the skin moisturized. However, it may cause sensitivity to UV rays. Thus, it is important to apply an ample amount of sunscreen after usage.
- Hydroxyethylcellulose: A water-soluble polymer that is derived from cellulose. It provides thickening and gelling properties that allow a gentler and more effective cleansing effect.
- Butylene Glycol: A type of alcohol that acts as a viscosity-decreasing and conditioning agent. It provides a thinner consistency to the cream – thus, increasing the absorption level. It also contains moisturizing properties. However, it may not be suitable for sensitive skin as it may cause irritation to some.
- DMDM Hydantoin: An antimicrobial agent that prevents the production of bacteria growth. Thus, allowing for a longer shelf life.
The activator is mild enough to keep everything soft and bright. The peel system resurfaces the layers and diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This microderm system quickly softens and resurfaces in a single application.
How Do You Use This System?
The Olay Regenerist microdermabrasion kit works easily in two steps. The item box comes with two containers. In the first container of the product, you will find a gel that includes the best derma-crystals. This Olay Regenerist microdermabrasion kit is different from others that utilize a diamond tip to exfoliate and renew your skin.
The gel has a yellow hue and a pleasant fragrance. It is designed to exfoliate gently. It is colorless and contains natural Alpha Hydroxy Acid .
In another bottle is the peel activator serum, mild enough to avoid the side effects after the treatment. This peel activator product will condition your skin to make it look way brighter and smoother. When you open the item package, you will be welcomed by the fruity smell instead of the smell of the chemical, which is a great thing based on reviews and recommendations.
Follow the details and steps below to use the activator correctly:
- First, apply derma-crystals on your clean, dry face.
- Ensure that your face is entirely covered with the mixture. Please avoid using the activator on your eyes. The peel serum may cause irritation.
- Gently massage the peel activator cream for about 45 seconds- 1 minute.
- Put a generous amount of serum onto fingertips, adding a thick layer right over the whole derma-crystal mask.
- For the best results, massage the peel activator serum onto your entire face for a minute or so before washing with lukewarm water.
A white foam will be produced when derma-crystals and peel activator serum come into contact with each other. With the activator serum, it becomes a conditioner, released to your epidermis surface so you do not have to worry too much about it.
Your face should feel moisturized after this activator treatment. But if you want to remove dull and dry skin, you can apply a small amount of your preferred moisturizer with the activator. It is better to use this at night so that it can work efficiently while your skin is resting. Your epidermis will feel softer and smoother the next morning just after the first use of the peel activator serum.
However, if you use the item during the day, you should first ensure that you apply an adequate amount of sunscreen treatment. As the process exfoliates and resurfaces, the epidermis layer will tend to be more sensitive. Thus, sun exposure could result in a harmful effect.
Even if you are going out at night after using this product, reviews from people who have used this say you should apply sunscreen to protect your epidermis from damage.
How Often To Use Microdermabrasion & Peel System by Olay Regenerist?
You can safely use the Olay Regenerist instant fix exfoliate renew system and instant fix formula as often as twice or thrice a week for a beautiful transformation. It is a safe and effective item to improve the skin tone and texture as it diminishes the surfacing of wrinkles – making them look younger and radiant.
If you have extremely sensitive or acne-prone skin, limit the initial use of the treatment to 1-2 times a week to see how it suits you.
However, you might want to do a one day patch test on your hand before applying on your face. Though products with lactic acid are good at improving epidermis surface texture and overall complexion, based on microdermabrasion reviews, you can never predict how your skin will react with this.
Our Personal Review on Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion System
- It is a cost-effective microdermabrasion treatment with activator
- The two-step procedure is extremely easy to use
- The product has no chemical scent; instead, it has a fruity fragrance that is pleasant
- It has a nice cream/gel combination
- It deeply moisturizes your skin
- It effectively removes the dead cells, brightens up your skin tone, and improves the overall health of your skin
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, especially under the eye area
- Peel Activator Treatment works, leaving the epidermis feeling softer and smoother
- Surface skin regeneration is enhanced and the complexion is left soft and smooth
- This particular microdermabrasion treatment may cause slight irritation if you have sensitive or acne-prone skin, according to information from reviews. Make sure you patch test before applying it on your face
- The active ingredients tend to break down, impacting its durability, the details further say
Where Can You Buy Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion Peel System?
You can buy this Olay Regenerist microdermabrasion peel system at a good price from Amazon.com. You can always find and get interesting offers from Amazon – though, it is advisable to read the reviews left by customers who have already used the product in their skincare routine.
Find information on the product details before purchasing them. And, if you want to try to home microdermabrasion treatment products, then I hope this product review is beneficial for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Olay Regenerist microdermabrasion peel system work on older skin?
Yes, the Olay Regenerist peel system does work on older, dull skin as the microdermabrasion treatment is specially designed for treating a person’s mature skin. It will help to gently exfoliate and polishes the epidermis surface to offer softer, smoother, and younger-looking complexion.
Does Olay Regenerist microdermabrasion peel system help with scar removal?
Yes, this Olay Regenerist microdermabrasion treatment helps to remove the scar on your face, as indicated in some of the reviews. With consistent use, you can witness your scars become lighter, and in a matter of a few weeks, you will get even-looking complexion.
How long will I experience redness and peeling after using Olay Regenerist microdermabrasion peel system?
You will experience redness and peeling on your epidermis surface for a few hours after using the Olay Regenerist peel system. It is common and natural after using the product. However, the reddening of the epidermis should not come with a burning sensation. Remember to apply moisturizer on the areas you’ve treated to soothe them.
If you want to try microdermabrasion at home that’s mild enough to treat your skin concerns, then an instant fix like the Olay Regenerist microdermabrasion kit can be a great addition to your skincare regimen. It is affordable, easy to use, and really effective on the skin.
It exfoliates away the layers of dead cells and facilitates new cell generation. And it also diminishes the appearance of impurities, especially with the activator. However, please make sure you do a patch test before you try this product as it can cause irritation on some skin types.
Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion & Peel System